Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Plateaued

I've reached my first plateau in my weight loss. Hubby says it's because I'm putting on muscle and still losing weight. I think it's because I haven't been working out hard enough. According to a fitness website I was reading you need to burn 3500 calories + the amount of calories you take in daily to burn 1 pound of fat. Yesterday I did the bike for 50 minutes and burned 400 calories. Then I did weight machines which burned about 350 calories. How in the world am I going to make it to 3500 + 1500 when I can only do 750 calories at a time?! It's all right, I'll be fine. Just feeling a little discouraged is all.

I've started to add more fiber to my diet. I bought some fiber one yogurt and cereal bars from the grocery store this morning. The yogurt has 5g of fiber and the bars have 9g. That should hold me for a couple of days until I find more fiber-ish options. I've also decided to cut my caloric intake down to 1500 calories a day. At my current point value I have 39 a day, this change will cut me down to about 30 a day. Which is fine with me since I hardly ate all my points anyways. I just want to see the scale start falling instead of rising. I need a little something to rebuild my confidence.

0 comments: